x
 
Marv's Weather Service
Marv's Daily Virtual Buoy Reports
Marv's Tropical Weather Report
 
 
 
Marv's Daily Virtual Buoy Reports
Florida - West Coast  US East Coast - South US East Coast - North Bahamas - Abacos  Near Bahamas 
Far Bahamas Eastern Caribbean St Thomas to Trinidad inland waters Cuba and South
Okeechobee Waterway Crossing - Gulf of Mexico Crossing - to the Bahamas
 Bahamas Application to Import Pets Southwinds article Reports - Main Menu
Florida Gulf Stream Crossing to the Bahamas
 by Marv Market
updated - 2020-04-04th at 11:00 pm

 

Lower Crossing - Miami to Bimini Bahamas (in Gulf Stream) - 25.7500 / Longitude -79.500
.
weather windows at this time ..

Monday the 06th - at this time with winds/gusts from 8 to 16 mph and wave heights to 4.0 to 4.6 feet and with per of 12 to 12 the seas will be mostly rollers .. the seas will be lumpy/bumpy but doable (for some) but not fun .. with this if you feel that your boat and crew are able to safely handle these conditions you may want to pick a day and stick your bow out .. otherwise we recommend waiting for the next weather window .. see our buoy reports ..

.

Tuesday the 07th - at this time with winds/gusts from 13 to 15 mph and wave heights to 3.6 to 4.6 feet and with per of 12 to 12 the seas will be mostly rollers .. the seas will be lumpy/bumpy but doable (for some) but not fun .. with this if you feel that your boat and crew are able to safely handle these conditions you may want to pick a day and stick your bow out .. otherwise we recommend waiting for the next weather window .. see our buoy reports ..

.

Wednesday the 08th - at this time with winds/gusts from 14 to 19 mph and wave heights to 2.7 to 3.6 plus feet and with per of 11 to 11 the seas will be mostly rollers .. the seas will be lumpy/bumpy but doable (for some) but not fun.. with this if you feel that your boat and crew are able to safely handle these conditions you may want to pick a day and stick your bow out .. otherwise we recommend waiting for the next weather window .. see our buoy reports ..

.

Thursday the 09th - at this time with winds/gusts from 10 to 15 mph and wave heights to 2.0 to 3.2 plus feet and with per of 5 to 11 the seas will be mostly rollers .. the seas will be lumpy/bumpy but doable (for some) but not fun .. with this if you feel that your boat and crew are able to safely handle these conditions you may want to pick a day and stick your bow out .. otherwise we recommend waiting for the next weather window .. see our buoy reports ..

.

Friday the 10th - at this time with winds/gusts from 5 to 15 mph and wave heights to 1.6 to 3.0 plus feet and a per of 4 to 5 .. the seas will be lumpy/bumpy but doable (for some) but not fun .. with this if you feel that your boat and crew are able to safely handle these conditions you may want to pick a day and stick your bow out .. otherwise we recommend waiting for the next weather window .. see our buoy reports ..

.

Saturday the 11th - at this time with winds/gusts from 7 to 12 mph and wave heights to 1.5 to 1.7 feet and with per of 10 to 11 the seas will be mostly rollers .. the mixed seas will be lumpy but very doable (for some) but not fun .. with this if you feel that your boat and crew are able to safely handle these conditions you may want to pick a day and stick your bow out .. otherwise we recommend waiting for the next weather window .. see our buoy reports ..

.

Sunday the 12th - at this time with winds/gusts from 11 to 18 mph and wave heights to 3.0 to 3.2 plus feet and with per of 6 to 7 the seas will be mostly rollers .. the mixed seas will be lumpy but doable (for some) but not fun .. with this if you feel that your boat and crew are able to safely handle these conditions you may want to pick a day and stick your bow out .. otherwise we recommend waiting for the next weather window .. see our buoy reports ..

.

note - once you picked a weather window that you and your crew are OK with you should then due diligence and complete your before your crossing check list ..  then in the morning of your weather window check the ‘local’ weather one more time for any changes (isolated storm cells etc) .. once you do stick your bow out if you feel that the conditions are still ok for your boat and crew go for it .. if the conditions are NOT OK you should return and start planning for the next weather window ..

.

for wind direction, wind speed, wave heights, wave direction and wave periods ..

for Carrabelle to Tarpon Springs/Clearwater - use our Dog Island and our Carrabella to Clearwater upper and lower buoy reports .. see our buoy reports ..

 

Upper Crossing -